Two of Hutt City Council’s options for rubbish collection are inflexible and a backwards step for the environment.
A one-size-fits-all Council monopoly will take away your ability to choose the service which suits you and your family’s needs.
If you want a flexible approach where you can choose what suits your household - we ask that you take a moment to submit on Hutt City Council’s plan for rubbish collection using the form below. It only takes 30 seconds to have your say.
We believe in a modern rubbish system that caters to your needs - whether you put your rubbish out once a week, or once a month. You should only pay for the waste your family generates. And you should be rewarded for reducing your waste.
If you support a modern rubbish system that gives you a choice of supplier, supports local business and does not increase your rates, have your say!
Tell council you support a modern waste system that is flexible and ensures:
- My rates are not increased.
- I can choose my rubbish supplier and collection price– whether that be a council or an existing local supplier.
- I can choose my collection frequency (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) and a container size which suits my households needs.
- I pay only for the waste my household generates – and not everyone else's.
- I am rewarded for reducing my waste.
- I can choose to opt out of a council-run service if I find a more competitive service provider. I #supportchoice
You can change/customise your submission email below: